Systems and Network Administrator - IT001-GTD_PTI-0512-01
Buongiorno is known in the worldwide mobile commerce ecosystem for developing and managing paid apps and contents that help consumers get greater enjoyment from mobile devices. With direct connections to more than 130 telecom operators in 25 countries, over 10 years experience and a team of 850 professionals, Buongiorno makes the mobile internet experience happen. In 2011, Buongiorno has undergone a refocusing change, materialized via the acquisition of Dada.net and the spin-off of the majority of its B2B business. Buongiorno concentrates exclusively on delivering a top notch mobile entertainment experience to end consumers and is investing heavily to market a few high-potential businesses based on paid content on mobile, such as the mobile payments solution Cashlog.com and e-Gaming portal Winga.com.
Buongiorno is headquartered and listed in Milan, Italy.
For our office in Milan (Italy) we are searching for a: Systems and Network Administrator
What is the role?
The Buongiorno Internship Program offers exciting opportunities to graduates. The program enables Buongiorno to develop its talent pipeline for the future by bringing in new talent. The programm is focused on developing graduates and giving them opportunities for international exposure. It offers a channel for Buongiorno to build university co-operation and employer image at targeted schools. Buongiorno aims to attracts graduates who can acquire skills and capabilities needed by the business and engages, develops and retains high-potential talent for future roles.
We are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to join our Servers and Systems department in implementing and maintaining servers and applications .
What are the main responsibilities & tasks?
- Using products for their intended purpose - for example, access data, manage system performance, distribute software, respond to service alerts, provide HW support, etc.
- Maintaining and configuring installed products/solutions to match changing conditions and requirements, expand capabilities, incorporate new or different environments, etc.
- Setup, install and maintain real and virtual servers and appliances.
What kind of profile do we need?
Technical skills required:
- Intel server architecture
- IBM system X and Bladecenter hands-on experience (nice-to-have)
- Linux server installation, configuration and operations
- VMWare vSphere administration and management
- Monitoring of SLA and OLA
- Troubleshooting and failure management
- Supplier management
- Degree in Computer Science Engineering
- English written and communication skills
The candidate must also be available to work off site should the need arise, both in Italy and abroad.
Location: Milan, Italy - Available from: May 2012 - Schedule/Length: full time - Job Level: Entry level - Job Type - Internship/ Stage
What can you expect?
We offer you a responsible position in a young and globally successful company with an interesting and diversified scope of duties. In an exciting industry you will work with highly professional colleagues, an international company culture that is also a lot of fun!
Our Buongiorno values
- Transform ideas and opportunities into reality
- Be passionate about customer experience
- B! focused on results
- Value diversity
- Show respect for individuals
Winning skills & performance behaviours
- Problem solving
- Getting things done
- Communicating effectively
- Team playing